Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gratitude - Places on Earth

I was thinking about a quote that Mike told me, I don't know where he got it from, but it is, "If you woke up this morning with only the things that you were grateful for yesterday, what would be left?" As I have been doing this, it has really helped me to realize how my thoughts were often focused on the unimportant things like to-do lists and appointments instead of the important things like Christ and the wonderful people in my life. I am grateful to Pres. Eyring for reminding us to think about the important things this Christmas season. 

10 Places on Earth that I am Grateful for:
1. The temple
2. My home
3. The Chipman's house
4. The Poff's house
5. BYU
6. Our church building
7. The park & fields
8. Lance & Sunni's house
9. Swimming pools
10. The mountains & Lakes

10 Things about Today that I am Grateful for:
1. Mike returned home safely from camping
2. Baptism
3. The gift of the Holy Ghost
4. The sacrament and repentance
5. My friends and their adorable, well behaved children
6. Sewing machines
7. Kaitlin sleeping
8.Christmas cookies
9. I got to "sleep in" (There was a point in my life when 7:45 was definitely not sleeping in.)
10. My kitchen window faces the backyard so I can watch the kids play while I cook and do dishes.

1 comment:

JoandDoug said...

Hi there-sorry to keep harassing you but I was just checking to see if you saw my FB message that I'll be in Mesa next week. I love to see you for a minute if you're available. If not that's fine. Thanks!