We did a whole lot of driving last summer. I think I totaled 50 hours of driving over a 2 week period. That doesn't include any driving that we did while we were there. That only includes driving from one state to the other. Here's how it broke down,
Mike & Brandon & Foxy & I: Arizona to Utah. Mike and I spent time house hunting, but weren't successful. The girls were with Grandma Chipman and Emma got really sick. It was heart breaking to be away from her while she was so uncomfortable. I left Mike there for training. The girls traveled with Grandma Chipman and Saturn to California while we were in Utah.
Brandon & Foxy & I: Utah to California. We ended up spending about 1 1/2 hours in Elko to get new tires. We stopped in Wells and this guy approached me saying that it was unsafe for me to drive on the tires I had. He was such a predator considering I was a girl driving by myself with a baby. I cried and called Mike. I drove to Elko to get a second opinion and they said I wasn't the first person this guy had shaken up. But, they did suggest that it would be safer for me to get some new tires considering how much we were going to be driving. Other than that drama, Brandon and Foxy were amazing and we made good time.
The Kids & I: California to Oregon. I got the flu on the night before we were supposed to leave. We were visiting at Joe and Tyrah's and I didn't want to stay there and get them sick so I decided to just make the drive. Bad choice! The air conditioning broke and I felt like I was going to die. The kids were absolutely amazing and I was able to talk to Mike on the way. We made a lot of stops, but the kids were so good. About 1 1/2 hours away from my mom's house I couldn't go any more. We stopped at an Arby's and I went inside and put my head down on the cold table. I'll be honest that I didn't even know what the kids were doing. I just knew they were inside with me. A cashier took pity on us and brought us some cold water. We stayed there for a while and I tried to figure out what to do. There was no other option than to keep going. Mike said a prayer for me. For about 1/2 an hour the air conditioning kicked back on and I felt a little better. That small mercy was just enough to help me get through the last bit of that trip. We got the A/C fixed the next day and Grandma West let me rest and nap.
The Whole Family (together again): Oregon to California, then California to Arizona. Those last two legs were pretty uneventful (thank goodness!)
It was insane, but we made it and will never do it again. : )
While traveling over so many states, we decided to do the license plate game with Emma. We printed a map of the USA and she colored each state we found. We were able to find 49 of the 50 states and almost 1 year later, we still haven't found that last state. West Virginia seems to be our white unicorn of license plates, it always eludes us. I've decided the day we find it is going to be a lucky day!
Mike & Brandon & Foxy & I: Arizona to Utah. Mike and I spent time house hunting, but weren't successful. The girls were with Grandma Chipman and Emma got really sick. It was heart breaking to be away from her while she was so uncomfortable. I left Mike there for training. The girls traveled with Grandma Chipman and Saturn to California while we were in Utah.
Brandon & Foxy & I: Utah to California. We ended up spending about 1 1/2 hours in Elko to get new tires. We stopped in Wells and this guy approached me saying that it was unsafe for me to drive on the tires I had. He was such a predator considering I was a girl driving by myself with a baby. I cried and called Mike. I drove to Elko to get a second opinion and they said I wasn't the first person this guy had shaken up. But, they did suggest that it would be safer for me to get some new tires considering how much we were going to be driving. Other than that drama, Brandon and Foxy were amazing and we made good time.
The Kids & I: California to Oregon. I got the flu on the night before we were supposed to leave. We were visiting at Joe and Tyrah's and I didn't want to stay there and get them sick so I decided to just make the drive. Bad choice! The air conditioning broke and I felt like I was going to die. The kids were absolutely amazing and I was able to talk to Mike on the way. We made a lot of stops, but the kids were so good. About 1 1/2 hours away from my mom's house I couldn't go any more. We stopped at an Arby's and I went inside and put my head down on the cold table. I'll be honest that I didn't even know what the kids were doing. I just knew they were inside with me. A cashier took pity on us and brought us some cold water. We stayed there for a while and I tried to figure out what to do. There was no other option than to keep going. Mike said a prayer for me. For about 1/2 an hour the air conditioning kicked back on and I felt a little better. That small mercy was just enough to help me get through the last bit of that trip. We got the A/C fixed the next day and Grandma West let me rest and nap.
The Whole Family (together again): Oregon to California, then California to Arizona. Those last two legs were pretty uneventful (thank goodness!)
It was insane, but we made it and will never do it again. : )
While traveling over so many states, we decided to do the license plate game with Emma. We printed a map of the USA and she colored each state we found. We were able to find 49 of the 50 states and almost 1 year later, we still haven't found that last state. West Virginia seems to be our white unicorn of license plates, it always eludes us. I've decided the day we find it is going to be a lucky day!
No comments:
Post a Comment