Saturday, June 25, 2011

Willy Wonka Jr.

 Emma was lucky enough to be in her school's production of Willy Wonka Jr. She really wanted to be an Oompa Loompa, but there were something like 200 kids who tried out so she got casted as a cook. At first we were confused because there aren't cooks in the original Willy Wonka. However, in the Jr. version, Augustus sings a song about how he loves to eat and the cooks dance around and bring him food. 

 

It was a happy coincidence that Mike's mom was in town when the show was on so she got to come see Emma in her big debut. 

Anya was so cute walking between daddy and Grandma.
Emma was so excited that Grandma could  be there!

It was a fun experience and I think Emma had a great time. She was so excited that she got to wear real makeup. She looked so pretty and so much older with it on. (When that girl hits teenage years, I think we are going to be in trouble!) Although, I don't think she quite got the idea of being a serious actor. On Saturday they had a matinee and then an afternoon show. Between shows they had a cast party and of course Emma was running around like crazy and got a little rumpled. When I showed up for the afternoon show she was shoeless and a little messy. I straightened her hair and clothes and told her to put her shoes back on then wished her luck! Well, when she came on stage, she didn't have her shoes on. I was upset at the time, but now thinking about it, I'm not surprised. Emma will be Emma. 

Emma is the short one to the left of the table behind Augustus on the ground.

All in all she did a great job and we were really proud of her!

No comments: