Thursday, August 19, 2010

Emma's First Day of 1st Grade & Other Fun Things

Emma had her first day of first grade this month and she is having a fabulous time so far. Emma had her first day of first grade today! We are so excited because she will get to ride with daddy to work this year and she will get to see him around campus. She had a pretty full day of school, homework (I know! Who gives homework on the first day?), and swimming this afternoon.
We went to bed early and when she got in bed she said (with a sigh), "Oh it feels so good to lay down in bed." I think we sufficiently wore her out!
I love it because she rides with Mike to school this year so I have a few extra minutes in the mornings. She loves hanging out at his class after school because a bunch of the other teachers in his hall have kids and they all like to run around together. (Sorry about the picture, I couldn't get her to smile because she said it was too bright.)
Emma and I found a fun new website with cool hairstyles on it. I like it so much that I decided to link to it on the blog because it is so awesome! We've tried a couple of the hairstyles and it is so much fun! Have I mentioned that I love this website?! What more can I ask for than a fun hobby I can do with Emma that's free and that I can actually do? Plus Emma's hair is perfect for this type of thing. Here are a few pictures of some of what we've done so far.While we were trying out this first one, we watched Princess Bride with Emma for the first time. We were watching the scene where they have just stolen the princess and they are being followed by another boat. Emma kept asking who was in the other boat. When Wesley finally climbs out to climb up the cliff Emma says, "Oh, it's just a ninja."

2 comments:

ZAC said...

Those are the coolest braids I've ever seen!!! Yay Emma! Before we know it we'll be pointing shot guns at highschool boys and threatening them to treat our daughters well...

The Chipmans said...

Zabel, Mike says his preferred weapon of choice is a big bat.