Sunday, August 29, 2010

Summer Catch Up

I realized that I went out of order and missed a few important summer events. Those will be a separate post, but here are a few random pics that don't really fit in with anything.

Don't you just want to eat those cheeks? I have to give due credit that Emma took this cute picture of this cutie.

Anya got her first big band-aid owie so we thought that we should definitely mark this momentous occasion. (I know what you are thinking, she is just now getting her first band-aid! Yes, yes she is. She has had plenty of ice worthy accidents. In fact every time she gets a little owie she always tells me "I need ice." Although it sounds like, "I eed eyez." But, she is a very careful little one and would much rather read, do puzzles, or dress up than try to run around crazy like her big sister.) And for the record, the band-aid lasted about 30 seconds before she took it off.
Don't you love this face?!

She looks so grown up in this picture it makes me want to cry. What happened to my baby?
We had a huge pioneer day celebration in our stake this summer. It was amazingly put together and really, really, really, really, hot. I got recruited to help with the preparations and it was more than a little bit stressful/insane. However, after seeing how much work the lady who organized it did, I can understand why she asked so much of us. You can just tell by the backdrop of Emma's picture that she doesn't do anything on a small scale. She did the whole "general store" and it looked like a real general store. It was amazing.
We made the bonnets together at a kind of girls night get together (it was not easy) and I threw the apron and skirt together at about 9:00 the night before when I realized that Emma had nothing to wear in the parade. (Yes, we had a parade in the 110 degree weather. Not my favorite idea.) The whole day had activities all day long: parade, breakfast, crafts, games, dinner, dancing, and skits.

One of my favorite memories from this summer is from that night at the dance. We stayed for a few songs and it was so much fun to just dance and be silly with the girls. Emma and Anya had the biggest smiles on their faces during the whole time. We were so relaxed and happy and together. It was one of those mom moments that you just treasure in your heart. I definitely miss going to dances. Those were some great memories from my childhood.

No comments: