Sunday, November 12, 2017

Peter Pan

Hi, this is me and by me I mean Emma. Being in the Peter Pan play was probably the most fun (and only) play I have been in. I have been in 3 theatrical performances, two musicals and one play. They were all fun but in my opinion I think this was the most fun. I'd like to thank my family for supporting me throughout the play and helping me when times were rough.

 I was in the ensemble so I got to choose how my character acts and what his name was. I got to make my costume which was lots of fun ripping up the clothing and patching it up sloppy. My charater's name was Pipsqueak and he is very energetic, but would be very serious when it was needed. He is great with a slingshot but not good at hand-to-hand combat. He is very fast and fights with a team. Even though I was an ensemble it didn't mean I was not important, I still had a pretty big role. I actually like being ensemble better because you can still get a fun role and you don't have to memorize things, you only have to act. 
 Funny story, when you find me in the picture, I am the only one that is making a pose because I thought we were suppose to be in character, so I am the only one that's not smiling. :) (I'm a natural picture ruiner.) Being in a play is lots of fun. The most fun is making new friends, there is a group of friends that I met in the play and I eat lunch with them almost every day. Acting can be hard work but it's sooo worth it. You get all the advantages because you get to dress up, make friends, act like a child (at least I did), and learn new things along your journey.  
It's funny because 7/9 of the Lost Boys were actually played by girls. On the top all the way to the left is me, the one to the left on top, with the curly hair is Hannah Gilligs, the one on top, in the middle, with the bow is Eric Jensen, on the top, to the right by Eric is Hailey Hone, the one sitting down on the top is one of my closer friends, Kennedy Smith. The two who are playing as the twins are Sarah Farnsworth and Danielle Hess and the one on the bottom is Billie Jolly. There is one Lost Boy (that's actually a boy) but he didn't make it to the pictures, William Welsh. They were all super fun to act with. Peter Pan was Dallin Whitaker who was also fun to act with. His charater was actually perfect for Dallin because it fit his personality pretty well.

No comments: