For Christmas this year, we got Emma a longboard kit.While we were in California, she worked with Mike and Grandpa to cut out, design, and stain her board. It turned out pretty amazing. She and Mike worked on it for a couple of weeks and she still rides it all the time. Here's what she has to say:
It was the best Christmas present I've ever had. I had been asking for one for a couple years and my mom, dad and grandpa made it possible to make one. I remember when Grandpa was teaching me how to shape it he accidentally left the saw on the same spot so he burnt a mark in it. I decided to keep that mark for memories. When we were done building it we had shipped the wheels and trucks to our house. We were in California at the time it had been warmish with no snow. We got home and it was super snowy and we had to wait a while to put the trucks and wheels on to ride it. I was super disappointed. When I got to ride it I was a little rusty from the last time I rode one so I had to retrain myself. It turned out REALLY cool and I love it so much.
It was the best Christmas present I've ever had. I had been asking for one for a couple years and my mom, dad and grandpa made it possible to make one. I remember when Grandpa was teaching me how to shape it he accidentally left the saw on the same spot so he burnt a mark in it. I decided to keep that mark for memories. When we were done building it we had shipped the wheels and trucks to our house. We were in California at the time it had been warmish with no snow. We got home and it was super snowy and we had to wait a while to put the trucks and wheels on to ride it. I was super disappointed. When I got to ride it I was a little rusty from the last time I rode one so I had to retrain myself. It turned out REALLY cool and I love it so much.
| Cutting out the board |
| Sanding |
| First stain color |
| Second stain color |
| Adding grip tape |
| Putting on the trucks |
| Adding the wheels |
| All finished! |
| First try on the new board |
No comments:
Post a Comment