Friday, August 11, 2017

Family Cabin Trip Fall 2017

I don't know if I have said it before on here, but we were so blessed when we moved into this neighborhood. We are surrounded by such amazing neighbors and friends. It makes it much more bearable to live far away from our parents when we feel like we have family surrounding us. I look up to so many of the amazing people in our neighborhood and I am so grateful for their friendship.
The backyard with the cute playhouse

Two of our friends own a cabin together. We call it the Twitaker cabin because it is owned by the Thills and Whitakers. Last fall, when everything was crazy with Mike's schooling, my calling, soccer season ending, adjusting to a new school for the kids, and everything else that was making our life into a crazy whirlwind, our friends offered for us to go up to their cabin for a weekend. We accepted and were grateful to have some family down time in the middle of all the crazy.

The weekend ended up being fun and relaxing - just what the doctor ordered. We hiked, played games, watched some old school movies, and relaxed.

While we were there we took the kids to the slot canyon that Emma and I hiked at our young women's retreat with the bishopric. Mike and the other kids loved it and we had a blast climbing up the rocks and generally messing around.




Rock tower

Pack man rock



Brandon channeling his inner 80's kid.  Converse, brown pants, orange shirt, and a jean jacket (borrowed from his sister)



I'm queen of the mountain!





Rock tower

All my loves

Climbing up the rope to get up and around a boulder

And repelling back down at the end

No comments: