I can't believe Kaitlin is already one year old! She is growing so quickly and it is so fun to see her change almost on a daily basis. I was hoping that she'd be walking by now, but she is content to crawl. She can walk if she tries, but most of the time she decides that it isn't worth the effort.
We love our little sweetie so much! She has an adorable dimpled smile that she flashes to us all the time. When she waves to us, she waves backwards so her hand is pointing at herself. She loves to get into trouble and eats most things that she finds. In fact she has eaten quite a few things that are too gross to mention here. She also loves her sisters and they take such good care of her and can always make her smile.
To celebrate her birthday she got to have two parties. We did cake and ice cream with the Kings at their house the week before.
I made her a crown cake using a combination of sugar cookies and cake.
She didn't quite dig in as much as I thought she would, but she had a lot of fun eating her cake. I love this picture of her because it shows how she always puts her feet up on the edge of the tray while she eats.
On her actual birthday, we had little chocolate muffins and opened presents. Kaitlin decided that she would prove that song, "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To", is true. She didn't enjoy opening her presents very much.
Once it was opened, she almost had fun and cheered up some.
Unfortunately, it is a little too big for her to completely enjoy so we are going to have to exchange it for something a little smaller and with a more comfortable seat.
| Cute little belly! Don't you want to just kiss it up? |
Happy birthday my little love!
No comments:
Post a Comment