Thursday, August 4, 2011

Katydid

 

Our little Katydid is really growing up. She has already figured out how to climb the stairs and she is a little hoover vacuum. I am sorry to admit that two Polly pocket shoes have made it all the way through her system. Needless to say, Polly and her friends have been put on house arrest in the dollhouse in the playroom.

A watermelon eating a watermelon.
She was doing such a great job growing and then she stopped. At her last doctor's appointment she had actually lost a little bit of weight so we are having to supplement her diet with formula. I'm kind of bummed about it, but we do what we've got to do. 

Trying Anya's bouncing ball. She loved it!
She's lucky enough that she gets to be naked a lot in this crazy heat. I wish I were so lucky. ; ) Mike tried to take a picture of her the other day and my little hoover sucked the camera cord right into her mouth.


Take two: second time's a charm.
 
She adores her big sisters and they just adore her right back. Her hair is still completely unmanageable and we love her crazy do. She cruises all over the place and it has been good for me because it forces me to try to be more tidy. It's still a work in progress but hopefully I will continue to improve.

 
The other day Anya was helping feed Kaitlin and she said in her cute squeaky voice, "Mommy, I love Katydid, she makes me happy. " *Sigh*


I think Kaitlin will take after me more than Mike because she is a little social butterfly. She loves smiling and cooing to people who stop us to say how cute she is. When we have been at different places like story time or working out at the church, she will crawl up to other moms and start smiling and playing with them. I love it that she is such a people person.  

3 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

They are such cuties! And Laura, you are beautiful! Thanks for the update. You guys must be so hot down there - where we are in CO it's perfect during the summer, but Winter won't be fun. I'll envy you in February!

Jessica Rodgers said...

what a cutie! I love those moments as a mom when you see your kids loving each other. By the way the first pic she looks cute in that outfit glad it fit her and that she made the outfit and bow of course!! :)

ZAC said...

Your kids are such cuties and so happy! I've heard that polly pockets are good for our intestines. No sweat.