Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Our New Backyard

Mike and I have been saving all year to make our backyard a little more kid friendly. I'm sad that I don't have a before picture, but basically our yard was an island of grass surrounded by rocks that didn't feel too nice to walk on. We decided to extend our patio and also add a bike track around the lawn.

Here are some picture during the process.

Here are the after pictures. Our lawn got pretty trashed by the bobcat, but it has been such a nice change. There have been so many times that I have seen that look in Emma's eye of "I'm bored, what can I do" and then she goes outside to play. Mike and I spend a lot more time out there now too. We have really loved it.


To break in the new fun, we had a BBQ with a bunch of friends.

The kids spent most of the time outside running, riding, and scootering around the track.
Naturally, the guys hung out together and the girls chatted all night.
I love watching all the moms interact with the kids. We have such an amazing group of friends who all are great examples whether they're playing with their own kids or somebody elses.


It was good food and good times so thanks to everyone for coming!

After everyone left, we did a little star gazing. One thing that I love about Maricopa is how beautiful the night sky is. Since we live out in the middle of nowhere and we are so small, there isn't very much light pollution at night.
This picture was funny to take because it was so dark that I couldn't see anything on the screen. I just pointed in the direction that they were standing and clicked. It turned out pretty decent for shooting blind.

2 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

This is so dang exciting! What a FABULOUS idea to put a bike track! I've never seen that, but it is genius. What a fun place to be able to have BBQ's and still have some grass to play games on. I love the front of your house too, it's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

I agree with Summer, that is a great idea!