The week after our official spring break, my brother and his family came to visit from Oregon. It was so much fun to see them since we usually only get to visit together once or twice a year. Emma got to play hookie from school for a couple of days (shhh! don't tell!), but unfortunately Mike couldn't so he didn't get to hang out with us very much. : (
It is always fun having people come vacation by your house because you go places that you wouldn't normally visit. We found this amazing pool that is only 20 minutes away. It is tons of fun and super cheap. It had a lazy river, a kiddie splash area, diving boards, a whirl pool, water slides, water basketball, . . . it was pretty cool. We are definitely going to revisit it some time after baseball season.
After swimming, all the girls (Sierra, Whitney, & Macey) came back to our house for a sleep over. It was so much fun! Just looking at this picture makes me so happy. If I remember right, Anya was already asleep.
I hope they all had fun because I had a lot of fun having them here. They did take a while to go to sleep which made for some sleepy girls the next day. When we were driving back to meet up with Lance and Sunni and the boys, they all fell asleep in the car. It was so hilarious watching Macey and Whitney in the back seat because Macey was doing the whole head bobbing thing and her head was literally bouncing off of Whitney's head for about 5 minutes. I was laughing the whole time.
Anyway, I digress. . . The next morning, the girls helped at preschool which Emma has been begging me to do since the beginning of the year. I realized afterwards that she didn't so much want to help, as she wanted to play at preschool. : ) Sierra was my little mini-me. I had to run upstairs for a second and when I came back down, she was engaging the kids in finding things around the room. I was impressed, that girl would be an awesome teacher some day if she wanted to!
It is always fun having people come vacation by your house because you go places that you wouldn't normally visit. We found this amazing pool that is only 20 minutes away. It is tons of fun and super cheap. It had a lazy river, a kiddie splash area, diving boards, a whirl pool, water slides, water basketball, . . . it was pretty cool. We are definitely going to revisit it some time after baseball season.
After swimming, all the girls (Sierra, Whitney, & Macey) came back to our house for a sleep over. It was so much fun! Just looking at this picture makes me so happy. If I remember right, Anya was already asleep.
Anyway, I digress. . . The next morning, the girls helped at preschool which Emma has been begging me to do since the beginning of the year. I realized afterwards that she didn't so much want to help, as she wanted to play at preschool. : ) Sierra was my little mini-me. I had to run upstairs for a second and when I came back down, she was engaging the kids in finding things around the room. I was impressed, that girl would be an awesome teacher some day if she wanted to!
Emma and Sierra helped officially christen our new backyard remodel with sidewalk chalk. (Which I just now realized that I haven't posted! Wow, where have I been? Anyway, I digress again . . . maybe I shouldn't type these so late at night. . . focus)
After preschool, we drove to Golfland which has some awesome things to do. (Although the golf course is not stroller friendly.) They have this amazing outdoor climbing playground that is free and shaded. The kids were way more excited about that than they were about golfing.
The point of this picture was to check out the adorable first graders missing their front teeth which you can almost see with my awesome photography skills. Some day I will learn how to take pictures that actually look good. : )
We had a lot of fun and we can't wait to see them again this June!
2 comments:
I love finding friends through other friends blogs. Its good to find you Laura, its been so long, since I ran into at the airport back in 2003 or 4 I think. You have three girls too. Fun huh? Yours are older but still three girls. Hope to keep in touch a little more. December
Hi! My computer works again and I haven't checked out your blog for months! I love all the pictures of the girls. Kaitlyn (spelling?) is adorable. Happy Easter.
Post a Comment