Thursday, March 17, 2011

Some Random Stuff

Things must be getting a little better around here because I have had some time to do some sewing/crafting over the last couple of weeks.

I had so, so, so much fun crafting with some friends the other night. We stayed up way too late, but I finally got this project done that I have been planning to do forever. It's a tooth fairy pillow. The mouth is a little pocket that you can put your tooth in and then hang it on your door. I was really happy with the way that it turned out. Plus, I had so much fun making it because I was surrounded with friends. I got the pattern here through another blog (Not So Idle Hands) that I love, but she has stopped blogging for a while because of health problems.

I also made an awesome (if I do say so myself) puppet show theater for my preschool kids. I don't have a picture of it on this computer, but you should check it out by clicking here. It was easier than I thought it would be. It was seriously so much fun to watch the kids do the puppet shows. They were adorable.

In other news that is actually related to the family. . .

We have a little lizard rolling around our house. Kaitlin has started sticking out her pointy little tongue and it's awfully cute.
Kaitlin has started eating rice cereal and she loves it. We have nicknamed her the Beast when she eats because it reminds me of that scene from Beauty and the Beast when the Beast is trying to eat porridge with a spoon.
Quote of the day by Mike, "I love that my wife sings along to Linkin Park." (I bet you never knew.)


2 comments:

Jessica Rodgers said...

I cant believe you had a blog all this time and I didnt know. Thanks for letting me in on the fun!

JoandDoug said...

That's the cutest tooth ever! So isn't life fun being a single mom to 3 girls? Can't say I recommend it. I'm actually going to visit my sister in Buffalo next week for 11 days! I can't wait! It will be so nice to get away but I'll still miss Doug! Glad you survived the week without Mike!