Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Mighty Mini

Emma had her first gymnastics meet last Saturday. I think I have mentioned before that her coach calls her "Mighty Mini." What I didn't realize is that all the other girls call her that too. Some just shorten it to "Mini," but I thought it was kind of cute. I wonder if any of them know what her real name is. Anyway, all the kids competed in 4 events: vault, floor,
beam,


and bars.



Emma had a great time and we were so proud of her for getting second place for the beam.


I shows what a small town we live in that they had to pause the award ceremony so the train could go by. (Which one of these is not like the others . . . Anyone else notice that Emma is the only one standing up in the group. : )


After wards, she had fun goofing around on the mats and doing flips and other things for me. She is still our little monkey. It's a shame that girls don't compete on the rings because with all of her upper body strength, I think she could do really well.

You can't really see it here because her arms are so short, but her body is completely off the bar in this picture.

Great job Emma!

1 comment:

Matt and Jayna said...

I love the gymnastic pictures! So, I had NO idea that Bishop Thacker taught gymnastics?! That is crazy and news to me. I'm assuming he is one of her coaches if he is standing next to her in every picture! Great pictures. And I can't wait to see the finished pictures of your backyard! I know what you are doing to it...hee hee. :0)