Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Pet Project

Oh, what do you do in the summer time when it feels like the world's on fire . . .

You start a project that ends up taking way longer than you thought it would and causes you to neglect all other motherly duties for three days (see the previous post). I started this about a month ago and after taking a week off to baby sit and another week off to play with my mom, it is finally done!
I painted a mural in our play room that covers one of the walls. I have more decorating plans that I will show in another post when I am done with everything. I learned a lot about painting and I have a new appreciation for people who do it for real. It was pretty difficult and very time consuming. Usually when things are hard, it is comforting that I am learning how to do it better for next time, but I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be a next time. :-) But, it is done and I think it turned out nicely. It will be fun for the kids for many years to come.


Mike made me take this picture and put it on. He "commanded" me. :-)While I was working on it, Emma said that it looked like the giraffe was about to eat the leaf. She said, "Mommy you should have painted the giraffe eating the leaf. Then you should have painted the lion getting the zebra."




Mike called this my pet project, I've decided if it was really a pet, it would have been a mammoth or a dinosaur.


3 comments:

Anupa Harvey said...

Oh my goodness Laura, how adorable!!! You are so talented. How did you do it?!

The Chipmans said...

I basically just turned the wall into a giant coloring book using the images blown up on an overhead. I used those cheap sample sized paint jars to cut back on the cost.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

wow! you totally did a great job. you are super talented. your kids are lucky to have a mommy able to do that kind of stuff.