For Valentine's Day this year, Mike got me a present that he will probably never be able to top. He got me a dog! We named her Foxy because she kind of looks like a fox and she has red fur. She is 1 year old and their guess is that she is part Australian shepherd, corgi, and queensland heeler. She is absolutely adorable and she is all mine!! (And the family's too I guess.)

Here's the story: We have been talking about getting a dog for me, but always as in "some day in the future when we get a dog . . ." We have always wanted an Australian shepherd.
We were at Petco getting a cage for a lizard that Mike's school kids found him and they were doing their adopt a pet day. I saw the dog and took her over to Mike and said (in my most adorable voice), "Isn't she cute . . . she's part Australian Shepherd . . ." So Mike said let's find out more about it. We asked a lot of questions, spent some time with her, talked about it and I asked Mike, "What do you think?" He gave me that adorable half smile with a dimple on the side, leaned in and said, "Happy Valentine's Day."

Mike told me that the real clincher was that she had such a great personality. She is such a good dog who is a pretty good listener. We think she was with a family before us because she never comes in the house (she's an outside dog for now), even when the door is left open and she goes right into her crate at night (she sleeps in her crate at night) without us having to coerce her.
She has been so good for Emma who has someone's undivided attention whenever she wants it. She has stopped crying and whining as much as she was and she's been better about doing her chores. I think I am going to have her help me train Foxy, as soon and I figure out what I am doing.
Anya and Foxy have an interesting relationship. She gets nervous if Foxy gets too close, but she loves watching her run and play. She will pet her if Foxy isn't too excited. Anya's new favorite thing is using the hand sanitizer every time she touches her.
Here's a video of all the kids playing in the backyard. (I was just watching it with the sound turned on a realized that I was talking on the phone with Liz in the background, so please turn your sound down. : )
P.S. Everyone has been asking me, so what did you get Mike since he got you something great? I will give myself some credit and say that I already got him a big gift (because a lot of his Christmas gifts from me didn't work out) and he got a fire pit. He really, really wanted it, and he really, really loves it. We have already used it even.

Here's the story: We have been talking about getting a dog for me, but always as in "some day in the future when we get a dog . . ." We have always wanted an Australian shepherd.
We were at Petco getting a cage for a lizard that Mike's school kids found him and they were doing their adopt a pet day. I saw the dog and took her over to Mike and said (in my most adorable voice), "Isn't she cute . . . she's part Australian Shepherd . . ." So Mike said let's find out more about it. We asked a lot of questions, spent some time with her, talked about it and I asked Mike, "What do you think?" He gave me that adorable half smile with a dimple on the side, leaned in and said, "Happy Valentine's Day."

Mike told me that the real clincher was that she had such a great personality. She is such a good dog who is a pretty good listener. We think she was with a family before us because she never comes in the house (she's an outside dog for now), even when the door is left open and she goes right into her crate at night (she sleeps in her crate at night) without us having to coerce her.

She has been so good for Emma who has someone's undivided attention whenever she wants it. She has stopped crying and whining as much as she was and she's been better about doing her chores. I think I am going to have her help me train Foxy, as soon and I figure out what I am doing.

Anya and Foxy have an interesting relationship. She gets nervous if Foxy gets too close, but she loves watching her run and play. She will pet her if Foxy isn't too excited. Anya's new favorite thing is using the hand sanitizer every time she touches her.

Here's a video of all the kids playing in the backyard. (I was just watching it with the sound turned on a realized that I was talking on the phone with Liz in the background, so please turn your sound down. : )
P.S. Everyone has been asking me, so what did you get Mike since he got you something great? I will give myself some credit and say that I already got him a big gift (because a lot of his Christmas gifts from me didn't work out) and he got a fire pit. He really, really wanted it, and he really, really loves it. We have already used it even.
No comments:
Post a Comment