Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Swimming in the Park

We had a huge week of rain and all our washes and park bowls got really full of water. A lot of our streets flooded and made some great puddles. Emma and I decided to go puddle jumping and park swimming one evening and we had a lot of fun. We got into our grubby clothes, rolled up our pants (not that it mattered much) and set out to find the biggest puddles and the deepest wash.
We splashed each other and got thoroughly wet.
Emma floated her sandal, literally, around the block and down the storm drain that goes down to the park bowl.
And at the end of it all, Mike surprised us with hot apple cider and warm kettle corn to help us warm up. (Aren't we so lucky to have such a great husband/dad?) It has been one of my favorite memories made in Arizona so far.

2 comments:

Anupa Harvey said...

I love it! I can't believe it rained that much in Arizona, of all places! The pictures are priceless!

Unknown said...

I used to play in the rain with Jo when she was little. Now she thinks rain means go out and play - no sense that girl, I don't know where she gets it from. ;)