Halloween is Mike's birthday as well as being Halloween so there is always extra pressure to make it fun for the girls while not neglecting my wonderful, hottie husband. Mike kind of got a two day affair. We did his big birthday dinner on Friday, and did the "cake" and a more relaxed dinner on Saturday. Here's the run down:
This year, the Halloween spirits had it in for me. We had quite the fiasco with Anya's costume which ended in red carpet, red striped legs, and red brand new pants. Here is my little story: Having a cute little red head is a lot of fun so I thought I would do a costume befitting the hair. I decided to make a Raggedy Ann outfit. While I was making the apron I made a cut in the wrong place and had to completely redo it. Then, I had a hard time finding tights that would fit her so I decided to make my own. I colored red stripes on a pair of white tights with red permanent marker, it not only took forever, it also was the end of my Halloween fun. On Wednesday I finished and let her try the costume on. She crawled around and played with Emma (who picked her up wearing her brand new khaki pants for school - this will matter later in the story). After about 15 minutes I noticed a huge red spot on the carpet where Anya had been sitting and playing. Further investigation concluded that Anya's tights had bled all over the carpet, Anya's legs, and Emma's pants. Who knew that permanent marker would bleed that much? Certainly not me. Mike stepped in and got most of the pen out of the carpet, I soaked Emma's pants and got most of it out, and Anya had red striped legs for a couple of days. We decided to change her costume and after going to 5 different stores to find something at the last minute, she ended up being pretty cute.


Relaxing while mommy and Emma scoop out the seeds.

We did a makeshift cake for Friday because the real treat was Saturday.

Dancing with a friend from school. She didn't wear her hat for most of the night because she was too busy running around and having fun.
Riding a horse. We live in farm country here.
Wednesday: A Sad Story
This year, the Halloween spirits had it in for me. We had quite the fiasco with Anya's costume which ended in red carpet, red striped legs, and red brand new pants. Here is my little story: Having a cute little red head is a lot of fun so I thought I would do a costume befitting the hair. I decided to make a Raggedy Ann outfit. While I was making the apron I made a cut in the wrong place and had to completely redo it. Then, I had a hard time finding tights that would fit her so I decided to make my own. I colored red stripes on a pair of white tights with red permanent marker, it not only took forever, it also was the end of my Halloween fun. On Wednesday I finished and let her try the costume on. She crawled around and played with Emma (who picked her up wearing her brand new khaki pants for school - this will matter later in the story). After about 15 minutes I noticed a huge red spot on the carpet where Anya had been sitting and playing. Further investigation concluded that Anya's tights had bled all over the carpet, Anya's legs, and Emma's pants. Who knew that permanent marker would bleed that much? Certainly not me. Mike stepped in and got most of the pen out of the carpet, I soaked Emma's pants and got most of it out, and Anya had red striped legs for a couple of days. We decided to change her costume and after going to 5 different stores to find something at the last minute, she ended up being pretty cute.
Thursday: Carving Pumpkins


Relaxing while mommy and Emma scoop out the seeds.
Friday: Big Birthday Dinner & School Harvest Festival
We did a makeshift cake for Friday because the real treat was Saturday.
Dancing with a friend from school. She didn't wear her hat for most of the night because she was too busy running around and having fun.
Riding a horse. We live in farm country here.
No comments:
Post a Comment