I'm am starting to question our sanity since we decided to move to Arizona during the hottest time of the year. To help you appreciate how hot is has been, here is our "You know it's hot when. . ." list.
You know it's hot when. . .
. . . you need a shower after walking from your front door to your car.
. . . your eyelids start sweating when you are sitting still.
. . . you leave a box of laundry detergent in the garage and the adhesive melts away so that the bottom of the box falls out. (True story)
. . . Emma goes for a bike ride and only gets two houses down before turning around.
. . . it's a "cool" day at 98 degrees.
. . . you are sitting in the shade and you watch 3 different crickets hobble over to the shade and die. (Another true story)
. . . you can't take two steps onto your back patio without burning your feet.
. . . you are only a few degrees away from reaching the top of the thermometer.
I think when people say how much they love Arizona, they are mostly referring to the really great winters. At least we have acclimatized enough that we can watch Mike's football games in the afternoon without completely falling apart.
In all honestly, we have really loved it here. We are starting to make friends in the ward and the house is great. Mike is exhausted but absolutely loving his work and loving coaching football. (And loving the fact that BYU beat Oklahoma last weekend. Did anyone else watch that display of pure awesomeness?) The girls love having so much space to run around. I am loving that there is a toy room where the toys (mostly) stay.
We would like to congratulate our cat Saturn, she has really blossomed here. She used to be the worst hunter in the world, but with all the practice she has with the millions of crickets that live in our house she caught and maimed her first big, hairy wolf spider. We were so proud. Did I mention that it sounds like we are camping all the time because there are so many crickets living in the corners of all our cupboards. It is really charming.(Insert sarcastic tone)
In all honestly, we have really loved it here. We are starting to make friends in the ward and the house is great. Mike is exhausted but absolutely loving his work and loving coaching football. (And loving the fact that BYU beat Oklahoma last weekend. Did anyone else watch that display of pure awesomeness?) The girls love having so much space to run around. I am loving that there is a toy room where the toys (mostly) stay.
We would like to congratulate our cat Saturn, she has really blossomed here. She used to be the worst hunter in the world, but with all the practice she has with the millions of crickets that live in our house she caught and maimed her first big, hairy wolf spider. We were so proud. Did I mention that it sounds like we are camping all the time because there are so many crickets living in the corners of all our cupboards. It is really charming.(Insert sarcastic tone)
2 comments:
Yikes. There's a reason that Chuck and I stayed in the Bay Area! The crickets would get me worse than the heat. We'll come visit you guys in the "winter time." What is Mike doing for work? Glad you guys are doing well!!!
So I had no idea about the game and took Windy on a walk that Saturday night. I passed no fewer than five apartment complexes (the big ones) full of screaming people. I was getting a little nervous - I figured it was either a football game or there had been a coup. About every third car was honking with girls hanging out of the windows making peace signs at everybody. The Spencers had to tell one of our neighbors to stop partying so loudly. Ah to live in a college town.
Post a Comment