Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Utah Adventures Part 4 & 5 - The End

Well, since we are no longer in Utah, I decided that I should post the last few things that we did before we left. These two things are something that Mike and I have always wanted to do.

1. The Provo trail is one of Provo's best attractions and since it is really long, you can hop on and hop off all over town. Mike and I have always wanted to do the whole trail from Bridal Veil Falls to Utah Lake on our roller blades, so we dropped the kids off at a friend's house and set off. (Well, technically, our friend followed us to the lake where we dropped off the car and then dropped us off at Bridal Veil Falls. I wanted to go there and back, but you kind of have to work up to that sort of thing.) Anyway, we started early in the morning so that we wouldn't get too hot.

It was so much fun to be able to go fast and not have to wait for Emma or someone pushing the stroller. It was also really nice to take our time at parts and enjoy the quiet. We saw a lot of cool little things tucked along the trail like parks we never knew about and this cool monument:

It was an eagle project and the inscription says that it is dedicated to those who died, were injured or suffered on Sept. 11 especially those who died in the line of duty. It also commemorates those who serve in the line of duty every day. We thought it was really cool.

It was 13 miles and about 2 1/2 hours of a lot of good fun. This is what date "night" should be like every time!

2. On a more serious note, we visited the Salt Lake Temple before we left. Neither Mike nor I had ever been inside and we thought it would be a good experience to go through it once. It was neat because you feel very connected to the pioneers. The decorations are very different from the other temples I have been to and you can see the historical time period in almost everything.

It was a very good spirit and we are going to miss temple square and being so close to SLC.

No comments: