Friday, June 5, 2015

Christmas 2014

Christmas is always the most challenging post of the year. There are always so many pictures to sort through. Here it goes.
Mike and I made the hard decision to stay home this Christmas in order to save a little money. We were lucky enough to see both sides of our extended families during the summer so it was a little bit easier to stay. The weather ended up being absolutely perfect! It wasn't too cold and it didn't snow until Christmas day when it completely dumped on us so after we unwrapped presents, we got to go sledding! More on that later. 

The night before, we read the Christmas story in the scriptures and reenacted it. Brandon was Joseph, Anya was Mary, Emma was the donkey, and Kaitlin was an angel. 

There were some unusual animals in the stable that night. 

 It couldn't have been a more perfect day. We got up, unwrapped presents, all played with our presents for a while, had a yummy breakfast, and then went sledding. It was pretty awesome.  
 
 I told them if they would all just give me one good smile, we could go open presents. This is what I got. 
 Seeing their stockings for the first time. 
 Candy!
Brandon's big present was a hotwheels track. He played with it all morning and didn't want to open any of his other presents.
 I don't know why, but this picture cracks me up. He looks like a giant stomping by the track. 
 Earrings for Emma
 Uncle Lance would be happy that Brandon got his first toothbrush and toothpaste in his stocking.
 Kaitlin got a new barbie. It was all she asked for.
 Anya opening her present from Grandma and Grandpa Poff. An Anna doll that she still sleeps with. 
Mike got me a pair of snow boots which is a good thing because I got a lot of use out of them this winter. It was kind of funny because I didn't realize what they were when I opened them and in my head I was thinking, "Yea, you got me some really ugly boots." Mike could see the look on my face and quickly explained that they were snow boots. I was much more excited after that. :)
Merry Christmas!

No comments: