Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Halloween 2014

Before the Halloween festivities started, we took a trip to Jakers corn maze for family home evening. The kids played in a giant corn pit. Walked through a corn maze, picked out pumpkins and climbed some tall hay bale towers. It was a lot of fun.









Trick or treating was amazing. The weather was nice and the sunset was beautiful. We live in such an amazing neighborhood and there were so many people out walking around. It was so friendly and there was such a sense of community. It was really amazing. The kids looked absolutely adorable in their costumes. Brandon had to be in the stroller because he was getting over an infection, but the girls were kind and got candy for him. We had the real Elsa and Anna, Olaf and Cosmo the cougar or if you ask her, cougar the Cosmo. Emma and Anya were one of many, many, many Elsas and Annas, but they were definitely the cutest ones! I got brave and made Emma's costume this year. It was the first time I had used a complicated pattern and I was pretty nervous about it. I tried to convince her to let me buy it, but she wanted her costume to be modest and all the others were shear on the top. I was proud of her decision and definitely couldn't argue with that logic. Aunt Ginny was a huge help and helped me cut out all the pieces. It took a while, but it was a good learning experience. Emma was so excited about the results and kept tell everyone, "My mom made this from scratch." I was happy that it made her so happy. 





  


Here's Kaitlin singing a few cute Halloween songs in preschool with me. 

No comments: