Last night we enjoyed the cooler weather and had a fire in the fire pit in the backyard, then the girls and I camped on the lawn. I don't know if it was the relaxed atmosphere or what, but the girls said some pretty cute and funny things last night.
The girls had their blankets wrapped around them when the wind picked up and some embers flew out of the fire a little too close for comfort. I told them to go put their blankets in the tent. Emma asked, "Why" and Anya explained, "Because the fire crumbs might get on our blankets."
Then, when I was upstairs changing into warmer clothes, Mike said something about me making him fat because I asked him to eat the last few bites of dinner so they didn't go to waste. Here's the conversation Emma and Anya had following that comment.
Emma: (To Mike) Well, you're not fat.
Anya: I know what fat is. Fat is what mommy was when she was pregnant with Brandon.
Emma: Don't say that! Mommy might not sleep in the tent with us if you say that!
The girls had their blankets wrapped around them when the wind picked up and some embers flew out of the fire a little too close for comfort. I told them to go put their blankets in the tent. Emma asked, "Why" and Anya explained, "Because the fire crumbs might get on our blankets."
Then, when I was upstairs changing into warmer clothes, Mike said something about me making him fat because I asked him to eat the last few bites of dinner so they didn't go to waste. Here's the conversation Emma and Anya had following that comment.
Emma: (To Mike) Well, you're not fat.
Anya: I know what fat is. Fat is what mommy was when she was pregnant with Brandon.
Emma: Don't say that! Mommy might not sleep in the tent with us if you say that!
No comments:
Post a Comment