Sunday, September 23, 2012

4th of July

The fourth was a lot of fun this year because we got to spend it with some good friends who moved to another town. The Rodgers invited us to come see their new house, play games, BBQ and watch the fireworks.

We had such a blast playing and eating great food. It was so much fun to relax, laugh, and enjoy seeing our friends again. Of course the kids got along great and we barely had to talk to them the whole time we were there. Anya was so excited to play dress up and get extra fancy with some "makeup." She did it herself, can you tell?

 

I was so sad that we didn't get any pictures of our families together, so here we are, you can just pretend it's the same shot. : )

 
At least we did snap one of the kids.


Once we got to the fireworks the kids had fun running around, doing sparklers and rolling down a huge  hill. Unfortunately there was a huge puddle at the bottom which both of the girls "accidentally" found. Jessica and I had fun laughing and trying to chisel the shortbread-flag-fruit-pizza I made out of the dish. Apparently you have to take shortbread out of the pan while it's hot. 


Mike and I have decided that we are fireworks snobs. I guess it stems from the amazing views and fireworks shows that we watched in Utah. We have yet to watch a great show from a great spot. We prefer being close enough that the debris from the explosions rains down on you. (True story, that really did happen one year.) This is the third year that we have felt let down by the experience. I am determined that one year, we are going to find a great show and a great view somewhere in Arizona. Or else, we are going to be visiting Utah every year from here on out. : )

No comments: