I had a really fun mother's day this year. My cute girls were so excited to celebrate with me that they woke me up at 6:45 am so they could give me their homemade cards and bracelets. Mike mercifully let me go back to bed. When I woke up later, I was a little confused because it's tradition that Mike and the kids bring me breakfast in bed, but I didn't hear pans or mixing and I didn't smell any food cooking.
I stayed in bed for a little bit until Emma came up and told me to just come down stairs. There wasn't any breakfast yet because my sweet, awesome husband decided to make me cinnamon rolls.
Now, I need to stress how sweet this was of him because he doesn't bake (which is evident in the fact that he thought he could whip up some cinnamon rolls that morning, not understanding how much time and work they take.) In fact, he really doesn't like baking at all, so I was really touched. The extra great part was that they were delicious! It was a really fun surprise.
A couple of nights before mother's day, I babysat for a babysitting co-op that we do with a group of friends. One of my awesome friends surprised me with my first little boy outfit! It really made it hit home that this is for real. I just wanted to wear it on my belly all night.
Thank you Rebecca!
1 comment:
You're welcome!! I'm so excited for you, and so excited that YOU'RE so excited! :D
Post a Comment