Sunday, May 20, 2012

Emma-isms

Emma has said some things lately that show wisdom beyond her years.

After school, on the drive home, we talk about how her day was and lately she has started asking Anya and I how our day was too. The other day Anya told Emma that we had gone shopping to some stores. Emma responded, "Oh I'm glad I didn't have to go. Because then we would have had to go to a bunch of stores and I would have gotten bored. Then I would have started playing around and then I would get into trouble."
I replayed the last few shopping trips in my mind and thought, yep that sounds about right. It's so funny that she knew that about herself.

Then the other day on the way home she showed wisdom that only the oldest child can know. Her teacher is pregnant right now and here's how our conversation went

Emma - I'm glad Mrs. Chavez is having her baby this year and didn't have her baby last year.
Me - Really, why?
Emma - Because then she would be grumpy all the time because her baby would keep her up all night and she would be tired and she wouldn't be as much fun.
Me, thinking - Yep, that sounds about right.

I guess I need to work on not being so grumpy when I have a new born. : )

No comments: