We have been having so much fun having Mike home this summer. Although the girls sometimes get tired of each other, they have spent a lot of time playing and laughing. (Minus the huge black eye that Anya gave Emma when they were goofing off and jumping around a little too close together.) It has been so nice to see Mike be able to relax and do some of the fun things with the girls that he remembered doing as a kid. I have also had a little extra time to do some things that I think are fun like making cakes and dabbling in sewing. I have been working on getting Kaitlin's room done and cuted up. : ) Anyway, here is some of what we have been up to.
Mike made doughnuts with the girls that were delicious.
I made a Fourth of July cake to celebrate with the Kings.
It had a surprise inside! I was extra excited because Tony said he doesn't really like cakes, but he loved this one. That is a big complement since Tony knows what he's talking about!
I put pigtails in Kaitlin's hair and she is just so adorable! We can't get enough of her snuggles and smiles. There are many times when I am sitting and snuggling with her and I am arguing with myself because I know that I should get up and do stuff, but I just love snuggling her! She's like a cuteness trap! She has loved going swimming this summer and she has loved crawling around after Anya and Emma.
We also spent a day going to the dinosaur museum. It was kind of an ordeal because we took the wrong way to get there so it took a lot longer than it should have. Then, when we got there the power in half of Mesa (including the museum) was out so they gave us passes to come back. While we were dithering about what to do or where to go, the power came back on so they let us go in for free! Not only did we get passes, but we also saw it for free. (Although a lot of the interactive exhibits were shut down because of the power outage.)
| Putting together a 3-D mammoth puzzle. |
| "Helping" put together a 3-D mammoth puzzle. |
| "Quick Mike, they're locked up! Let's make a run for it!" |
| Panning for gold. |
| The family, plus or minus Kaitlin. |
No comments:
Post a Comment