After 7 years of marriage, I finally wore Mike down so that he would take us to a fair. But we didn't just go to any old fair, we went to the Ostrich Festival!
I guess Chandler used to be a big ostrich farming place. In honor of that, they have a festival every year that is geared around ostriches. They have races, ostrich burgers, ostrich paraphernalia, and much more. When I was younger we went to the fair every year with my family and it was always so much fun. I have been begging Mike to take me every year and finally all the pleading payed off.
Anya's favorite part: seeing the little piggies and watching them race.
Emma's favorite part: watching the Ostrich races.



Mommy's favorite part: that we got to go to a fair!
Daddy's favorite part: when it was time to go home. :-)
For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing and ostrich race, here's a little sneak peak. (I couldn't get the whole thing from where I was standing.) Basically they stay on the bird for about 1/2 the race and spend the rest of the time trying to catch it again and hop back on. 100 % of the racers chase their ride across the finish line.
I guess Chandler used to be a big ostrich farming place. In honor of that, they have a festival every year that is geared around ostriches. They have races, ostrich burgers, ostrich paraphernalia, and much more. When I was younger we went to the fair every year with my family and it was always so much fun. I have been begging Mike to take me every year and finally all the pleading payed off.Anya's favorite part: seeing the little piggies and watching them race.

Emma's favorite part: watching the Ostrich races.




Mommy's favorite part: that we got to go to a fair!
Daddy's favorite part: when it was time to go home. :-)For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of seeing and ostrich race, here's a little sneak peak. (I couldn't get the whole thing from where I was standing.) Basically they stay on the bird for about 1/2 the race and spend the rest of the time trying to catch it again and hop back on. 100 % of the racers chase their ride across the finish line.
1 comment:
Wow, it's like Swiss Family Robinson! I didn't know you really could ride an ostrich.
Post a Comment