So, I don't know if anyone else has this problem: I am a decent cook and I can make most dishes turn out alright, but I cannot bake a potato to save my life. I would say my baked potatoes turn out really well about 5 % of the time. I can do great mashed potatoes, potato salad, roasted potatoes, but the baked potato continues to allude me. The great tragedy of this inadequacy is that twice baked potatoes are one of my very favorite foods.
I NEED you potato master. I know there is someone out there who can help me with my plight. Come to me (or I'll come to you) show me the way of the potato. Let me watch your masterful hand. Help me achieve one of my life's goals of being able to bake a potato right 100% of the time. (Okay, I'll settle for 95% of the time. )
I'm not joking, if you make good baked potatoes, please help me. How do you do it? Tell me in detail.
BTW what do you guys put in your twice baked potatoes?
3 comments:
My favorite baked potato website:
http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/PotatoBaking.htm
No matter how many times we bake potatoes, I open up that webpage! :)
I just learned from my sister...I believe you can bake it on 425 for apx 45 minutes depending on the size of the potato, but that's a good place to start. You can rub a little olive oil and salt on the skin and it will season it. Also don't forget to poke holes with a fork in the potato otherwise it will explode. Hope that is what you are lookign for. I could never bake a potato to save my life, turns out I was cooking it on too low of a heat and not long enough. Let me know how it turns out.
I agree with the cook it longer comment, when mine turn out bad it's usually because we're rushed and I have to pull them out early. Also, we always wrap ours in aluminum foil - the skin will be a lot more tender (if you eat the skins). Good luck!
Post a Comment