All of my "kids" have been doing some pretty awesome things lately so I thought I would update.
Every day, Emma puts her shoes and socks on in the car on the way to school. When we get to school, I tie her laces and she is on her way. The other day when we got to school she came up and said, "Mommy look!" She had tied her own laces! I asked her how she did it and she explained and I was very impressed. I tried teaching her how to do it a couple of months ago, but she just wasn't interested in trying. I have a feeling that this is how Emma is going to learn most new things: decide that she wants to learn it, then succeed. It is how it happened for learning how to ride her bike and tying her shoe laces. I think I am going to have to learn how to let Emma learn to do things in her own time. Way to go Emma!
Here's another funny sleeping picture. I don't know why, but I just love these!
Miss Anya has hit her vocabulary explosion and she has been talking up a storm. She repeats words that we say all the time and she has started using sentences which sometimes use real words. She has been expressing so many things with her words and it is so much fun because she has this tiny, cute little voice. (When she's not yelling, which she does often whether she's happy or sad.) My favorite things that she says are "bauble" for bottle and "appy ju" for apple juice. My really proud moment was a couple of weeks ago. She wanted something from the table and she started to whine. Then, she stopped herself, thought for a moment, looked at me and said, "Peese." What a cutie!!
"I'm getting soooo big." I am in love with this new dress that she has, the picture doesn't do it justice. It has this cute little white collar and real pockets. So cute!

Here's the thing that makes me smile the most because it is so ridiculous! I have been taking my dog to obedience school and she has more or less learned how to listen. (She's kind of a spaz.) Anyway, she had her "Doggy Graduation" the other week and it was soludicrous funny. They played "Pomp and Circumstance" and everything. Can't you tell Foxy is so excited to be there?
(I would like to clarify that I look the way I do because I had just finished with a game of ultimate Frisbee right before obedience school. On a random tangent, I was just thinking that if my dad were still around and I told him we were going to obedience school, he would have asked if it was for me or the dog. : )
Anyway, back to my Foxy. Whoever said herding cats was impossible has never met my dog. We used to have problems with Saturn (our cat) trying to sneak out of the back door, but we don't have to worry about it any more. Every time she tries to do it, Foxy herds her back in the house. It is so funny to watch. I absolutely love it!
Another thing, (I think there is something wrong with me that the part about the dog is longer than the parts about my kids. I am such a nerd!) Foxy caught a vole outside last night. Mike said she had cornered it, but she was just playing with it, so he had to finish the job. It is very reassuring that the dog will keep out the rodents and the cat will keep out the spiders. Hopefully we don't have any encounters with scorpions any time soon.
Every day, Emma puts her shoes and socks on in the car on the way to school. When we get to school, I tie her laces and she is on her way. The other day when we got to school she came up and said, "Mommy look!" She had tied her own laces! I asked her how she did it and she explained and I was very impressed. I tried teaching her how to do it a couple of months ago, but she just wasn't interested in trying. I have a feeling that this is how Emma is going to learn most new things: decide that she wants to learn it, then succeed. It is how it happened for learning how to ride her bike and tying her shoe laces. I think I am going to have to learn how to let Emma learn to do things in her own time. Way to go Emma!
Here's another funny sleeping picture. I don't know why, but I just love these!
Miss Anya has hit her vocabulary explosion and she has been talking up a storm. She repeats words that we say all the time and she has started using sentences which sometimes use real words. She has been expressing so many things with her words and it is so much fun because she has this tiny, cute little voice. (When she's not yelling, which she does often whether she's happy or sad.) My favorite things that she says are "bauble" for bottle and "appy ju" for apple juice. My really proud moment was a couple of weeks ago. She wanted something from the table and she started to whine. Then, she stopped herself, thought for a moment, looked at me and said, "Peese." What a cutie!!"I'm getting soooo big." I am in love with this new dress that she has, the picture doesn't do it justice. It has this cute little white collar and real pockets. So cute!

Here's the thing that makes me smile the most because it is so ridiculous! I have been taking my dog to obedience school and she has more or less learned how to listen. (She's kind of a spaz.) Anyway, she had her "Doggy Graduation" the other week and it was so
(I would like to clarify that I look the way I do because I had just finished with a game of ultimate Frisbee right before obedience school. On a random tangent, I was just thinking that if my dad were still around and I told him we were going to obedience school, he would have asked if it was for me or the dog. : )Anyway, back to my Foxy. Whoever said herding cats was impossible has never met my dog. We used to have problems with Saturn (our cat) trying to sneak out of the back door, but we don't have to worry about it any more. Every time she tries to do it, Foxy herds her back in the house. It is so funny to watch. I absolutely love it!
Another thing, (I think there is something wrong with me that the part about the dog is longer than the parts about my kids. I am such a nerd!) Foxy caught a vole outside last night. Mike said she had cornered it, but she was just playing with it, so he had to finish the job. It is very reassuring that the dog will keep out the rodents and the cat will keep out the spiders. Hopefully we don't have any encounters with scorpions any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment