
Our latest Utah adventure was visiting the Timpanogos Caves in American Fork canyon. It was very, very cool. We got to stand in pitch black where your eyes never adjust and you can't see your hand in front of your face. It was really interesting because you really start to feel the darkness pressing on you. It was an experience like none other. You go through 3 caves that were connected by tunnels in the 1940s. (I think that's when it happened.) It is amazing to think of how they connected the tunnels back then without GPS or other great devices. The hike up to the caves was pretty crazy: it was long, steep, and most of the time along a cliff with a pretty scary drop off.

I would definitely recommend it for families in the area, but I don't recommend taking kids younger than Emma unless you are willing to carry them for a good part of the way. Imagine the hike to the Y but twice as long. (Very good work out.)


Here we are in front of one of the "lakes" in the caves. It was really more like a big puddle but I guess if it is more than a certain size, it is considered a lake.
1 comment:
We will definately come to Arizona to visit! Just tell us when!
Post a Comment