Friday, April 10, 2009

My Little Ballerina

Emma has survived her first ballet class and made it through her recital. I thought for sure that she would freeze up in front of all those people, but having her friend Jo in the audience made her excited enough to go on. It was a community center program and if she decides she really wants to do ballet, I think I will try to put her in a program that is a little more involved. Here are pictures of my beautiful girl at her first recital.
I'd like to say that I know what ballet stance this is, but I don't. I was never stretchy enough to be a dancer.

I braided her hair that morning and was very silly to think that it would stay in all day with such an active one as Emma. Some friends came over to hang out that afternoon and they must have thought I was the biggest tyrant because I kept yelling at her to quit messing up her hair. In the end, I just curled the bangs that fell out throughout the day and she looked as beautiful as ever.

Speaking of having her friend Jo in the audience, this video cracks me up because she spends about half of the time waving to her. You'd think she'd be waving to mom and dad, but oh no, we are second best after Jo. I think she missed about 50 % of the actual dancing parts. What a cute little four year old.

Afterward, we gave Liz, Jo and Oliver a ride home. It was hilarious trying to fit all 7 of us in our little tiny Ford Focus with two car seats in the back. This is them squished in the back seat. All in all it was a lot of fun. Thanks for coming to support her Liz!

No comments: