Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ode to the Thumb

Oh thumb, we love you so, we wish in Anya's mouth you'd go . . .

Alright, I'm a little bit of a nerd, but I have decided I am a thumb sucking supporter. Emma was sucking her thumb in the womb (really, we saw her doing it in one of our sonograms) and it was awesome because she would put herself back to sleep quite easily at night. Now that she's older we thought thumb sucking was of the devil. . . Oh how wrong we were. We decided that we would have Anya use a binky instead. She has been a little sick and after the third night in a row of no sleep because of the 1:00, 2:00, 3:00. . . wake ups to put her binky back in her mouth I have decided thumb sucking is the way to go. Who cares if you have to spend thousands on braces later, at least you will get some sleep in the deal. Do I sound a little sleep deprived? (I am)

Oh motherhood.

1 comment:

Ben and Summer said...

WOW! I didn't know you had a blog! This is so fun - sorry for the barrage of comments all at once. I totally understand the sleep deprivation...AND getting up every hour or two for the darlng little ones. I can't offer an opinion on the thumb, since my Emma doesn't do the thumb or the binky. Although some nights before she learned to sleep through the night I was REALLY wishing she would just do either! I say, at this point, you're right, whatever gets you the sleep you need to be a good mommy to a growing couple of girls!