Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Jungle Book


During 6th grade Emma tried out to be in her school production of the Jungle Book. When she came home after the cast list was posted she told us, "Well, I'm going to try to kill Dallin in the play." We were pretty confused until she explained that she was cast as Shere Khan and her friend Dallin was cast as Mogli. I was surprised to hear that she got cast as the bad guy and was excited to see her perform. When she came out on the stage it was like she was a completely different person. She did not smile once! Even the way that she walked and moved was different. It was so fun to watch and I was so, so proud of her. She sang her solo beautifully and delivered her lines really well. It was also fun because a lot of her friends were in the cast too so she had a blast at rehearsals. The directors, sets, costumes, and make-up were awesome and even though it was an elementary school production, it was a lot of fun to watch and it was really well done. We are so proud of Emma for all her hard work and her amazing performance!



Here's what Emma has to say about it: Being a lead is definitely fun. You get to have lots of opportunities to make new friends and being on stage helps you have more confidence in yourself. At first coming out I was freaking out in my head thinking, "There are so many people, I'm going to DIE!" But after my first line I was like, "This is so fun!" It was a wonderful opportunity to just have fun and be me! I am most definitely going to audition for more plays. If you like pretending to be someone else you should try it! Explore, and have fun!





We were really excited that Grandma and Grandpa Poff decided to come and see the show and since they had extra seats in their car, they brought Macey and Whitney. It was so fun for Emma to have such a huge support from her family - Uncle Scotty, Aunt Melissa, Grandma Poff, Grandpa Poff, Whitney, Macey, and her immediate family all got to see her perform. 





Anya, Whitney, Macey, Brandon, Emma, & Kaitlin

With Grandma and Grandpa Poff



Emma and NaShayla

Sydney, Emma, & Maddie

Gabby, Sydney, Emma, & Maddie

No comments: