Wednesday, February 1, 2017

A Proud Mommy

I found this draft post from a while ago, you know like maybe 7 years ago that I thought we needed to remember.

Every morning Emma puts her shoes and socks on in the car, then I tie her shoelaces when we get to school. When we got to school the other morning she got out of her seat and said, "Mom look!" She had tied her laces all by herself!!! I asked her how she did it and she explained and I was very impressed. I tried to teach her a couple of months ago, but she didn't really want to try. So, I have a feeling that this is how Emma is going to learn to do new things . . . when she is ready, she'll figure it out and succeed. That's how it worked for learning to ride a bike and tying her shoes. I am definitely going to have to learn to let her do things in her own time. Way to go Emma!

No comments: