Thursday, October 29, 2015

Girls Weekend, Vegas Style



What do Mormon moms do during a weekend in Vegas? A lot of laughing, walking, checking out the cake boss shop, and of course shopping! I was so lucky to spend a weekend with some of my college friends in Feb, 2014. I drove down with Joanna and met the others there. You'd think that 6 hours in the car each way would mean we would run out of things to talk about, but we talked the whole time and it was so fun. 


We stayed at a fun hotel called the Aria and had an amazing time. The weekend went way too fast! Jenn was pretty excited that the tub was big enough for her to sit in. 

We saw the Blue Man Group and it was pretty disappointing. They were super weird. I swear they spent 30 minutes of the show walking around silently and staring weirdly at people in the audience. Then for one of their skits they ate twinkies and then processed to shoot weird goo out of a hole in their stomach at the audience. Definitely not what we were expecting. Oh well, it was fun to be together regardless. 

One of my favorite moments was going to the cake boss shop. (I know, I'm a major nerd.) But in my defense, it was beyond delicious. Amazing! We saw a lot of fun things and just laughed a lot. 

Glass flower ceiling in the Bellagio

Chocolate Statue of Liberty
M & M Factory

 The second day, Rachel bought some shoe foot powder and we were cracking up because she left white foot prints for about 1/2 mile when we started out. 

 Alexis and Rachel chillin on the tram between our hotel and the strip. One night we came back to the hotel laughing so much, that we swore the people in the elevator with us thought we were drunk. 


On the last day, we stopped and saw Into the Woods together. Of course we loved it and Jenn had fun thinking about her days of being in theater and dance. Then on the way out of town we stopped at Cabella's to see their live mermaids. It was mostly just to take pictures back to show my girls they were pretty excited when they found out I saw "real" mermaids. 



Brandon enjoying his spoils from the M & M factory. It was so fun to get a weekend away and it really made me realize how lucky I am to have Mike. He handled everything so well while I was gone and he was so sweet about listening to all my fun stories when I got home. I definitely missed him and the kids, but the trip was short enough that I didn't get too home sick. :)

No comments: