Here are some fun memories about Brandon. Most are posts from facebook.
Sometimes on Saturday or holiday mornings we like to snuggle as a family in our bed. Brandon doesn't love it, but the second we ask him to come tackle us, he's on the bed in a flash. It makes for some pretty wiggly snuggles, but we will take what we can get with this active, sweet little boy.
So Brandon calls Kaitlin Achy. We don't know where it comes from. We call Kaitlin Katydid. Today Brandon informed Kailtin, "Your name's not Achy, it's Katydid. At least he's getting closer.
Those sweet moments of motherhood make it all worth while. Brandon has suddenly decided he will start potty training. He doesn't quite get it yet, but he's trying. Every time he goes on the potty he gets a treat and gets to give one to all his sisters with the caveat that they have to tell him good job. It made my heart melt to watch him walking around to pass out the treats and to see his sisters being so loving a supportive of him. I sure do love my kids! Now if I could just get him to stop walking around naked.
Brandon and I were messing around yesterday, wrestling. He told me I was a monster and proceeded to attack me with pillows so I pretended that I was afraid of the pillow. He stopped, got this really concerned look on his face, put the pillow down and came to snuggle me for a second. I am lucky to have such a sweet son who is also a blast to play with! I will note that after that, he had no problem pelting me with pillows.
Today I had an unexpected faith building experience that the Lord is aware of the small details in our life. For the second time this year, we have had something break down the exact weekend that they are having a huge sale on that item. In January it was our tv. This weekend it was our vacuum cleaner. It broke, I spent some time researching what kind I wanted and looking at reviews. I went into Home Depot today to see what they had in store only to find the exact model that I wanted on sale for 40% off. I was stoked! And so grateful for the small mercy of saving some money when our budget is always tight. God is great and I know he cares about me because the timing was too awesome to be a coincidence.
Sometimes on Saturday or holiday mornings we like to snuggle as a family in our bed. Brandon doesn't love it, but the second we ask him to come tackle us, he's on the bed in a flash. It makes for some pretty wiggly snuggles, but we will take what we can get with this active, sweet little boy.
So Brandon calls Kaitlin Achy. We don't know where it comes from. We call Kaitlin Katydid. Today Brandon informed Kailtin, "Your name's not Achy, it's Katydid. At least he's getting closer.
Those sweet moments of motherhood make it all worth while. Brandon has suddenly decided he will start potty training. He doesn't quite get it yet, but he's trying. Every time he goes on the potty he gets a treat and gets to give one to all his sisters with the caveat that they have to tell him good job. It made my heart melt to watch him walking around to pass out the treats and to see his sisters being so loving a supportive of him. I sure do love my kids! Now if I could just get him to stop walking around naked.
Brandon and I were messing around yesterday, wrestling. He told me I was a monster and proceeded to attack me with pillows so I pretended that I was afraid of the pillow. He stopped, got this really concerned look on his face, put the pillow down and came to snuggle me for a second. I am lucky to have such a sweet son who is also a blast to play with! I will note that after that, he had no problem pelting me with pillows.
Today I had an unexpected faith building experience that the Lord is aware of the small details in our life. For the second time this year, we have had something break down the exact weekend that they are having a huge sale on that item. In January it was our tv. This weekend it was our vacuum cleaner. It broke, I spent some time researching what kind I wanted and looking at reviews. I went into Home Depot today to see what they had in store only to find the exact model that I wanted on sale for 40% off. I was stoked! And so grateful for the small mercy of saving some money when our budget is always tight. God is great and I know he cares about me because the timing was too awesome to be a coincidence.
No comments:
Post a Comment