Usually conference weekend is supposed to be relaxing and rejuvenating, but that wasn't really the case for me this time. It kind of turned into a you-better-step-it-up, kick in the pants, and a ruin-expensive-things kind of a weekend. Plus, sometimes you get inspiration that you kind of wish you could just ignore, and as tempting as it is, I won't. So, this weekend was not as relaxing as I wish it could have been.
Anyway, just because sometimes the blog turns into a verbal vomit, I feel like spewing all over the place. (Sorry for the disgusting metaphor, I guess it just fits the mood.) Well, to kick off our ruin-expensive-things marathon, Emma accidentally wrote on the kitchen table with a permanent marker. She was writing a note on a napkin, like I do for her lunches, and the pen seeped through and won't come off. Then we painted our nails for girls night during priesthood session of conference and I put the polish on a piece of paper on the kitchen table which Kaitlin could just barely reach (I swear she gets bigger every day) so she pulled the paper down and broke a bottle of nail polish on the tile which then got on the kitchen table and our love sack. Then, Emma decided to take care of Foxy and she took a huge bag of dog food outside which then got completely swarmed with ants. Then, to top it all off, Anya drew on the carpet with chapstick. Sigh.
In retrospect, I am grateful that all of the follies were not done out of malice and were unintentional (except of course Anya who is 3). And I am grateful that the things that were ruined were only material things and we are all still healthy and happy. And I am grateful to have little girls, who are curious about their world, around to color my world. I guess I can't complain, but sometimes you just have to get it off your chest. Thanks for listening, I feel much better.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yikes...sorry...I can't believe your kids are still alive :) It's bound to get better, though. Did you find out ways to repair the damages? Once, Sophie drew with permanent markers on our bedroom carpet and I spent 4 hours on my knees with strong carpet remover and rubbing alcohol, but I overcame! You are an extraordinary mom for keeping your cool and looking at the big picture.
I was sitting here reading your blog and noticed Kit coloring on my desk! (Not on paper on my desk, just my desk.) Good thing it's black.;)
Post a Comment