Sunday, January 30, 2011

Christmas Eve 2010

So I had a goal to get Christmas posted before February and since tomorrow is the 31st I figured I better get on it. I have noticed that I always take forever to put up posts that have a lot of pictures, I am just too impatient to wait for all of them to load. Well, patience aside, here was Christmas for us:

We spent Christmas at home this year since we have a new baby and she wasn't traveling so well in the car. She hated her car seat, but she has luckily gotten over that recently.

For Christmas Eve, Mike wanted to continue the tradition of a Christmas Eve buffet. While Mike and I were preparing the food, Emma and Anya decorated cookies for Santa. I sure hope he likes sprinkles!


After that, we enjoyed our humble spread. It was the first time I tried eating dairy in about 2 weeks. (I snuck a few pieces of cheese.) We were pleasantly surprised that Kaitlin didn't react very severely to it, so since then I have watched my intake of dairy and as long as I keep it in small amounts, she usually does okay. Except for milk, sadly, my love affair with milk will have to wait because she always gets a stomach ache when I try to have some. I digress . . . Christmas Eve. It was a lot of fun enjoying our yummy buffet. Emma's favorite was the shrimp by a long shot with pomegranate coming in a close second and Anya loved the cheese.

(Yes, that's my family everyone. )

Kaitlin gave me an awesome Christmas Eve present of sleeping through dinner so I got to enjoy the buffet without rushing or holding a squirm worm.

After we ate, we did the usual. We watched the Nativity video from a couple of years ago and read the nativity story. We acted it out with little nativity magnets since we didn't have enough people to do it as a play. The girls opened their Christmas Eve presents of pajamas and then went off to bed. Mike and I didn't have all that much left to wrap so we got to go to bed at a decent time as well.

No comments: