We have a new baby! Kaitlin Elizabeth Chipman was born last Monday at 4:51 am. She was 7 lbs 6 oz and 20 3/4 inches. The birth was so smooth, I feel quite lucky and spoiled. I was having slight contractions all day, but nothing serious so I decided to walk up and down my stairs a million times. When that didn't work, I resolved to get ready to teach the next day and the second I got my lesson plans done and ready, my water broke (about 11:30pm). We went into crazy mode and got to the hospital in plenty of time. It turns out my water only ruptured. I was at a 6 when we got there so my two worst fears came to naught. I made it to the hospital in time (we live 1/2 hour away) and I wasn't turned away once we got there (we didn't know what we would do because we live so far away. Probably walk around the mall for a while.)
A couple of hours and an epidural later, Kaitlin joined our family. The guy who gave me the epidural reminded me so much of my older brother Lance. They looked and talked alike and they even have similar mannerisms. As strange as it might sound, it was comforting. Like in some strange way, the brother I always looked up to was kind of there. It made me feel happy and peaceful. Or maybe that was the drugs talking.
Kaitlin has brown hair, darker skin than Emma and Anya and a dimple just like Anya's. She is a great sleeper during the day and she is usually really calm when she is awake. Nursing has been easier with her than with the other two, she was a natural and latched on right away in the hospital. I was completely amazed because I remember a lot more stress involved previously.
I can't get enough kisses from her. You forget how soft their skin is and she doesn't squirm away like Ms Anya always does. It's funny the things you forget when they are new: how the car seat swallows them whole, checking to make sure they are breathing when they are napping, that tiny little newborn cry, snuggles with someone who isn't a wiggle worm - I just love it.
Mike is already completely smitten with her. They will just sit together and snuggle when he gets home from work. I am sorry to say, but with three adorable little girls, he is just in for it because he just loves to spoil us.
The labor was very fast, the nurse had me try to push and stopped me immediately because she wanted to get the doctor. Kaitlin was ready! He was only in the room for about 20 minutes. Which, I am sure he appreciated because we woke him up from a nap.
Mike brought the girls to see her later that afternoon. They both looked exhausted and Anya was a little hesitant. But, only a few days later, they both really love their baby sister.

When we were talking about Kaitlin coming, Emma had a hard time with the fact that Anya was going to be a big sister. I had to assure her that she would always be the biggest sister no matter how many kids we have.
I love my little girls!!!!!!!!!
After seeing this picture, I got really overwhelmed because it looks like so many people and we are out numbered . . . I think we might make it, maybe.

Kaitlin has brown hair, darker skin than Emma and Anya and a dimple just like Anya's. She is a great sleeper during the day and she is usually really calm when she is awake. Nursing has been easier with her than with the other two, she was a natural and latched on right away in the hospital. I was completely amazed because I remember a lot more stress involved previously.
2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS LAURA, MIKE AND GIRLS!!! What a lovely pattern you have going! Kaitlin is absolutely beautiful with SO MUCH HAIR TOO! You all take care. You guys are amazing.
Congratulations!!! She is so adorable, I'm so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment