Sunday, May 17, 2009

Emmaisms

We had quite a fun day with Emma today. Mike and I have always said that if she ever decided to put her mind to something, she would be great at what ever it was. Well, she finally decided that she wanted to do something and she did it. She wanted to learn how to ride her bike with no training wheels, and she did this afternoon. (Mostly) We couldn't help her (She didn't want any) and after riding her bike around the block once, she was doing really well. We are proud of her for being so diligent and for persevering.

She was making us laugh this afternoon. Mike looked into the living room and saw Emma with her hand on Anya's head tipping her back and then pulling her up.

Mike: Emma cut it out!
Emma: But I'm just pretending that she's getting baptized.

How do you scold for something like that? At least she must be listening in primary.

Speaking of primary, we think that her teachers were type casting for a skit they did in class. They were reenacting Nephi getting the golden plates from Laban. The sweet, quiet girl was playing Nephi. Emma and her best friend Jo were supposed to be Laman and Lemuel. Go figure!

4 comments:

Ben and Summer said...

Of course! All girls named Emma are geniuses and gorgeous and funny;) So, a little off the topic of Emma, this post makes me SO HAPPY. Honestly almost an answer to an unspoken prayer. Because I feel like I try so hard to get through to the kids in Primary and usually feel pretty discouraged that my attempts to keep their attention are in vain. But today we talked about baptism in sharing time so to have her talking about it at home gives me some hope that maybe they are listening just a little! Yay! (Of course she could have been talking about it in class too...) :) Any tips you have for us would be great, Laura!

ZAC said...

Emma is one on the ball kid! I need to borrow some of it and give it to some kids I know...
As for the whole baptizing thing: HILARIOUS. Funny girl.
AND CONGRATS ON MIKE'S GRADUATION!!!

The Chipmans said...

Summer, you girls are doing awesome in primary! She loves being there and I know she is learning a ton. Keep up the great work!

selway2005 said...

Way to go Emma! Learning to ride a bike without training wheels is not as easy as it looks!