Time is marching on. And time . . . is still marching on. (TMBG)
Another year gone and Mike and I have continued to get older. We celebrated our collective birthdays at the beginning of October by going to a BYU football game and it was awesome. BYU thoroughly stomped UCLA and the score at halftime was 42-0!! Here's a pict of us enjoying the score at that time. You can definitely see the years creeping up on us as we are both wearing glasses and looking a little thick in the cheeks. ; )
Mike completely spoiled me for my birthday and made the most delicious dinner I have ever had. Plus it was a really good cake. (Butter pecan flavored, ummmmm) He was so proud of himself because it was the first time he had ever made a layered cake and he only had to piece together one part. As he was lighting the candles he kept making comments on how long it was taking to put all the candles on the cake and how it looked like a forest, etc. I reminded him that he is two years ahead of me. My sweet neighbor Andi made me a cake also. It is the cute party hat cake. She topped it with Andies mints and it was sooo good. Unfortunately it came to an untimely end. We went to a friend's house the day after and brought the cakes to share, because let's face it, I don't need the temptation of two delicious cakes in the house. Anyway, their dog thought it looked pretty good too and ate half of what was left. I'm still laughing now thinking about it. It was a great birthday and I am so greatful to have such a wonderful husband who is also a wonderful cook. How lucky I am.
Even though there was a plethora of candles, Emma and I managed to blow them all out together. I just realized that I never made a wish. I guess that's what I get for already having everything I could ever want.
1 comment:
Yummy cakes! What did he make for dinner?
Post a Comment