Halloween was fun this year. We went to the ward party and went trick or treating with a bunch of friends. We had quite the fun getting our costumes ready. It was more than a little bit crazy thinking that I could make them all with a new born in the house. Luckily my mom saved me by altering a dress for Emma so that I didn't have to try to create one. I was literally safety pinning mine together on the way to the ward party. Before Halloween, Kaitlin didn't want to wear the flower part on her head so I worked a little Pavlov magic on her. For a couple of days before we went to the ward party, I would give her a piece of candy every time she tried it on. After a while, she started putting it on without a fight. I knew my el ed major would come in handy. Thank you for those behaviorism classes!
 |
| Two little goof balls. |
 |
| Still the cutest boy in the family. |
 |
| Carving the traditional turnip. |
 |
| The pumpkins - Mike's (Always the computer nerd O.o), Mike's turnip, Emma's, & Anya's |
 |
| All lit up! |
 |
| Rapunzel |
 |
| A peacock |
 |
| A flower |
 |
| We tried to get a picture of the 3 girls, but Kaitlin wasn't being cooperative so this is what we got. : ) |
 |
| They were so sad to wash off their face paint, so we had to take a picture first. |
 |
| Most of the kids, minus 2 families |
We had a lot of fun trick or treating with a bunch of friends this year: The Carpenters, Hodges, Greers, Kashubas, Miles, and Hands. It was a lot of fun trying to keep up with all the kids - of course Emma was at the front of the pack at each turn.
 |
| I was a popcorn vendor and Brandon was the popcorn. |
 |
| Popcorn, get your popcorn here! |
 |
| Kaitlin would not let go of her candy to save her life. |
Favorite memories from the night: When we first got there I was at the back pushing the stroller with all the guys and Mike was up front with all the kids and the moms. After a few minutes, he came back to me and asked if we could trade so he could be with all the dads on stroller patrol. : )
During the night, Emma was trying to be so brave, but I could tell she was still a little nervous about the houses that were decorated with scary things. At one house, she was kind of side stepping away from the lawn that had scary stuff on it so I snuck up behind her, grabbed her sides, and said Boo! She jumped a mile and screamed so loud, it was so hilarious! She tried to get me back all night, but I knew what she was up to.
1 comment:
I love the popcorn costume!
Post a Comment