Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Day in the Life

The first run through the sprinklers & Kaitlin's first time in sprinklers at all. She couldn't decide whether she liked it or not.

After the sprinklers turned off, they had fun playing in a "swamp" (aka hole Foxy dug in the grass, grrr) with some of their animals. 
 

Grandma Chipman came to visit for a week and it was so great! I got a little bit of the break and we had a nice mixture of getting stuff done and playing and spending time together. It was so nice after having such a hard last couple of months. I really, really appreciated it!
 

The girls decided to do a rescue mission for a hurt bird they found in our yard.
They built it a "nest" with some mud, grass, and cotton balls. The bird actually sat in it for a little bit, but it was too dark for us to get pictures by the time they were finished.

Kaitlin is a mashed potato fiend! She literally eats it by the fist fulls. She had a hilarious beard and mustache at dinner tonight so I had to snap a picture. (Too bad my camera doesn't do it justice.)

I was thinking of all the fun things that I want to remember about her with this age. 
  • She calls her binky her "uh-oh" because she dropped it so many times and we said uh-oh afterwards that she started calling it that.
  • If I try to get her out of her high chair before she is done, she will yell at me and grab the sides of the tray to push it down.
  • She is fearless. She climbs on everything and today at the park, she went down the big slide all by herself; while mommy watched nervously very close by.
  • I found a picture of myself at her age this weekend and we look so much alike! It was kind of crazy.
  • She loves to be silly and she will do things all the time to make us smile or laugh, she is just such a sweet heart!

1 comment:

Jessica Rodgers said...

I love that she calls her binki that! too funny!