I had a sad realization the other day that I have officially turned into a mom. And despite my better plans, I don't think I will ever be one of those hip, cool moms. I'm pretty sure I'm one of those momish moms. Here are my three major reasons:
So, if anyone out there can relate to my plight, I send you my condolences. Maybe we should start a group on facebook: Women who turned into moms when they weren't looking.
- I went shopping and I only found two things that I actually thought were cute in the junior section. And the women's section looked like things my grandma would wear. Current trends have passed me up and now I don't fit into either of the sections. I never thought I would ever say things like, "I can't believe the styles the kids are wearing these days." But, I'm sorry to admit, I think it all the time. Please, someone throw us a bone, the 80's weren't cute the first time they came around either.
- This Sunday I passed up wearing a cute outfit because it was completely impractical and inconvenient for a nursing mother. It had layers and a tie on the side, and it would have taken forever to undo and redo to feed Anya. Good bye cute clothes, hello frump.
- This is the ultimate kicker. I actually used the words, "I don't care who started it, you finish it." Sigh, I'm officially a mom.
So, if anyone out there can relate to my plight, I send you my condolences. Maybe we should start a group on facebook: Women who turned into moms when they weren't looking.
No comments:
Post a Comment